Not just a mum.



Becoming a parent, is such a wonderful thing and by god i feel so grateful to be able to have three beautiful healthy children, but along with loving them comes something else.

Its almost as those people forget you, and who you are, i'm not just a mum, i'm still me!
I still enjoy things that i did before i had kids ( minus crazy nights out ) but why is it when you have children you loose  friends because now you have kids they don't see you in the same light?

We may have changed in some ways, but underneath the dirty clothes, washing piles, pack lunch boxes we are still there.

Being a parent does come first but, we still have needs and wants in life. Before i had kids i always wanted to be a holiday rep i never fulfilled that dream, as well a becoming a chef which never happened but to my kids i'm the best cook! Sometimes i feel i'm suck in that mum zone 24/7 with my eldest being 10 in January we've not spent much time as just a couple either, which is hard. I'd love a date night where we can let our hair down and just be us and not parents for the evening, silly things that we once took for granted would be blissful now.

I feel like we have this title suck on our heads and sometimes people can't see past it.

Sometimes it can also be so isolating , unless you have 'mummy' friends, its can be the loneliest place, day in day out doing the same repetitive thing, as i said becoming a mum has filled my life with so much happiness and joy over the years, but just to be able to go out for a coffee and enjoying it with out the kids for me is sometimes all i need, being able to shower with out one of them asking me what i'm doing. 

Writing a blog for me is something i have to myself, ok even though i write about my kids, its a place for me to escape and write down me feelings.

I want people to want to talk to me because of me not because are kids go to the same school, or the same after school club, and to be called by my name not 'oh there's so and so's mum' 'oh my son's in your son's class' 
 I enjoy a wide variety of this from fashion, to make up ( not that i'm any good at it ), to photography, to baking and reading books. Every day things just catching up on trashy t.v being involved in conversations that don't involve 'kids topics'

So behind the mum i'm still here, still being me, still the same person i was before my kids.
I know this post won't be one for everyone, it's just sometimes how i feel.

Do you sometimes feel like your just a parent?

Em x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A letter to my children.

Halloween with bakerdays

Anxiety...